Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Dream #421: I don't know you but this is how we met.

A much younger me in a strange land. The girls wanted a photo of themselves taken in front of a building, and I laughingly dashed across the street with the camera for a better view. You and your friends were sitting on the curb on the other side. Your friends were talking amongst themselves but you paid no attention. Instead, you looked up and our eyes locked in the count of a heartbeat. In that gaze we recognised each other in wonder. I took a tentative step in your direction but even in a dream, I hesitated. Instead, I turned away and carried on to take the photo. And the girls beckoned me to run back and I did without another backward glance.

But it wasn't the girls I saw through the camera's viewfinder. I saw only you.

If I could redream that sequence and summon you back, I would not falter. I would walk to you, sit by your side and lean my head gently on your shoulder. The two of us would heave a collective sigh of relief, and that would be the moment I whisper and tell you everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home