Random thoughts Stray memories

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Baking analogy at work today. The bakery I'm working in is about to change owners and all purchases have been frozen till the changeover is complete. In the meantime, my oven crashed. Well not completely. It can bake, but only if I climb into the oven with the cake mixture while it is baking. Of course this meant that I got burnt too (which I hate), and my work is slowed down cos I can't move around to other tasks while I'm sitting in the oven babysitting the cake. Now I've been told that the purchase of a new oven will take 1-2 months, which is quite ridiculous considering the new bakery owner is an oven manufacturer. I've got my own home oven, but I'm reluctant to bring that to the bakery in case the bakery inherits it "accidentally". Anyway, there's also the principle of the matter. So now I'm pissed off and wondering for the upteenth time why I'm still baking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home