Random thoughts Stray memories

Thursday, May 13, 2004

This precise moment is the quietest respite I've had all day. I'm downloading music while listening to the latest pared down live theater recordings Sit Down and Listen to Hooverphonic, where Hooverphonic covers their own songs in the simplest fashion. One of my favourite Hooverphonic songs is a strange one entitled 2 Wicky. It goes:

Prophet 60091
This is the flight number of our galactic sun
Prophet 60091
Before we start you should know that you're not the only one
Who can hurt me
SH10151
This is the serial number of our orbital gun
SH10151
You better be sure before you leave me for another one


Doesn't make sense? But this woman sounds so sexy just singing serial numbers. lol.

2 Comments:

  • 10 4 good buddy -- destroy all hippies

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:11 PM  

  • I'm not familiar with the people that are Hooverphonic.

    But I would say from the presentation of the lyrical passages in "2 wicky" that it refers to two things:

    1. A relationship between two people

    2. The fact that we are intimately connected with our "sun" also known as "Sol", and that leaving this "solar system" might be fatal.

    Technoshaman

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home