Random thoughts Stray memories

Wednesday, December 31, 2003

And so it's the last good day of the year again. It was still dark when I woke, so I operated my Discman like the blind would read Braille, and played Kate Bush. Since there's no difference in the lengths of the earphone wires from the fork, I couldn't figure out which earphone was meant for which ear. But it didn't really matter whether the strings sounded better in my left ear or the drums did. I'm alive and listening to music, and today I will be making 2 trips to Holland V to meet friends. I will carry on reading Jonathan Franzen's The Corrections, which I borrowed together with Jeffrey Eugenides' Middlesex (Both are thick volumes and I knew I could only finish one, so I chose). I already know my schedule for the whole of next week. I don't plan to have new year resolutions.

Last year today I went to the gym, watched the film Heaven, ate ice-cream, bought a VCD of Depeche Mode music videos, wrote a one-line blog entry, and would be surprised if I knew what would transpire for the rest of the year.

This year today I'm just glad if I make it to the last good day of the next year too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home