Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, November 01, 2003

I've been thinking about a recent Get Fuzzy comic strip where Bucky the cat was making fun of Satchel the gentle mutt (as usual). Bucky said Satchel could be fooled into thinking he's in another country when he's not. Then in the next panel, Satchel was sitting on a chair looking at a poster which said "Welcome to Italy!" and he went something like "Wow! The chair is in Italy!".

I can't explain why I have a soft spot for Satchel when I'm really more a cat person. Maybe cos he's sort of delusional in a way I can empathise with. Or maybe it's cos he was genuinely happy for the chair to be in Italy, without thinking that since he was sitting on the chair, maybe he himself was in Italy too. Satchel was just selflessly happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home