Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, October 31, 2003

Today on the way to the office from my customer's, the cab driver (who was probably fasting) told me to love everyone and everything. I've just finished a call with a colleague regarding work when he started spreading his fortune cookie messages like the Oracle, but it was quite uplifting to listen to him.

To wit, it is better to love than be loved, cos to love someone improves you, but to be loved is mere acceptance.
You should not compare if you love others more than they love you, cos then love won't be unconditional. If love is conditional, you're taking advantage of love instead. Then you will never be happy.
On a parting note, he told me he may not have the best wife and children in the world, but they are the best wife and children in his world.

How lovely that God often chooses to speak to me in the backseat of taxis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home