Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, July 11, 2003

Wednesday was an exceptional day. I went to the gym and decided to try running 10km. The last time I ran was the day after I drank too much, and then it was only 3.6km. This time I was listening to a new song a friend sent me (Ozma's "Rain of the Golden Gorilla") on auto-repeat and I thought I could really run to this song.

To digress: I'm the sort who can't go "I like track 3 of that album" cos track 3 could just as well have been track 2 couldn't it? Who knows? I need a song title, and an intriguing one is better. "Rain of the Golden Gorilla"? Wtf does that mean? There's no rain, and no Golden Gorilla anywhere in the lyrics. A friend analysed that the Gorilla symbolises sincerity (as from the nature documentaries) and a Golden Gorilla means Mega-sincerity. And oh, rain means tears of cos. But I think this song is about Denial. Anyway, it's a real catchy tune with simple guitar chords.

Back to running. I was on such a high I was smiling and lipsynching to the song throughout. During that hour I ran, probably everyone in my row of treadmills has broken their own personal best records too while waiting for one of us to stop running first. That was fun! The thing was: the treadmill's programmed to stop after 60 minutes. I never knew that. Cos I did a minute of warm-up walking before launching myself into the run, by the time an hour's up, I only did 9.93km. This is the longest I've ever run so far though and I'm so tickled.

But today it's down to 4.6km. Running is getting erratic just like my sleeping hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home