Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, April 14, 2003

Suffice to say Britney Spears will never be my idol or role model. An ex-colleague used to have Britney Spears' Hit Me Baby One More Time as her mobile phone dialtone, and I'd absolutely cringe everytime her mobile phone rang. And then, da mouse passed me a CD with Fountains of Wayne's rendition of this song. Sigh.

Suddenly, I found I like this song. A LOT. I've put it on auto-repeat on my Discman throughout the day, and I'd positively beam while lipsynching to the whole song. Even on the treadmill. Even as I'm typing this. Yes, believe it or not, the so-so lyrics have now been branded on my brain. URGH. And I realise that people have been trying to lip-read me while I lipsynched, and "Hit me baby one more time" wasn't too hard a line to guess. What if they think I've been lipsynching to Britney's version instead, and labelled me a teeny bopper?! omg.

Anyway, what I've (re)learnt is this: every song deserves a second chance. Just like people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home