Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, April 21, 2003

For me, there are 4 types of songs:
those I don't care about,
those I like but not enough to buy,
those I like enough to buy,
those I can dance/ run to.

I'm most particular about songs I can run to cos I put them on auto-repeat for long periods of time, and also use them to gauge distance. There's no set pattern.. I've run to all sorts of music spanning rap, indie, pop, rock, drum&bass, chinese, jazz, bossa nova etc. I just know instinctively if I can run to it.

So it was with trepidation that I found I've brought your CD in my Discman to gym. Music you thought I'd like, but which I'd categorise as like but not enough to buy. Anyway, it seemed better to run to music than in silence, so I put a song on auto-repeat and ran. It's not that I didn't finish my usual 6km cos I did. My body is so atuned to running that distance that it was almost on auto-pilot. And the song I put on auto-repeat is exactly 12 minutes long, making it much easier to gauge timing. However, I didn't smile at all through the entire run. It was as if my head was running, not my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home