Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, February 03, 2003

Yesterday. Watched the movie Tadpole and met up with my UK and US travelmates for tea. There was a 15% sale at Borders and I bought Manitoba's album Start Breaking my Heart, Interpol's album Turn on the Bright Lights and Sylvia Plath's unabridged journals.

Most surprising buy was Manitoba's album. It wasn't on my to-buy list and I don't think I've even heard of them 'cept maybe subconsciously from my best friend. I just saw the album title Start Breaking my Heart and smiled. It seemed like a subtle joke. The natural tendency of love ballads is to "Stop Breaking my Heart" rather than Start. But then again, this is no album of love ballads, has no lyrics or anything downbeat, and there isn't a song on it which matches the album title. I'd have bought this album just for the title alone, but then that's me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home