Random thoughts Stray memories

Tuesday, December 24, 2002

I ain't got what I want for Christmas. I've been hunting round for ages for My Computer's album Vulnerabilia. Described as experimental electronic soul music, My Computer is sometimes sad but often defiantly disorientating. The only My Computer track I have is from the Best of 2002 CD from Uncut magazine, a song entitled For Somebody Else. It starts with a singer crooning sweetly to a guitar, before you realise that it's not a love song. Not at all. It's a gloating in-your-face song about the ex making a mistake dumping him cos now he's got money and it's all for Somebody Else. Then the electronic fury breaks in and takes over the song, like Mr Hyde overriding Dr Jekyll. And you can't help but smile at the audacity of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home