Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, October 19, 2002

Playing games is not instinctive for me. I'm not sure if it's cos I grew up reading most of the time, rather than playing with the neighbourhood kids. Maybe this is why I prefer to run rather than do more team-oriented sports. Strangely I fell in love with pool but it is the only exception to the rule, and even then I had to practise for ages before I was competent at it. I don't feel compelled to play games on my Palm V, laptop or mobile phone either. Except this one time I was waiting for 3TapRiff, and explored my mobile phone games cos I didn't have any book or Discman on me. I started playing a game called Snakes at the lowest possible level, and scored only a miserable 25 points by the time he appeared.

Well, what I wanna say is this. Tonight, Kogepan and I went to play pool. (Kogepan is a real old friend who has the dubious honour of being the only guy who has lost more than one of my albums. One is an old Led Zeppelin album Stairway to Heaven, and the other is probably the movie soundtrack for Empire Records. Frankly it's amazing I let him off. lol. Anyway, I digress.) While waiting our turn at pool, I started reading the women's magazines at the pool joint and he borrowed my mobile phone to play games and pass time. He wasn't really concentrating on playing and gave up after a short time. Then, it was our turn to play and we had a good round of pool.

It was only way later, when we're having drinks after pool, that I suddenly remembered. I narrowed my eyes and asked Kogepan threateningly if he had wiped out my top score in Snakes on my mobile phone. You should have seen his scared-little-boy-with-hand-stuck-in-cookie-jar look, as he blurted out: "Your top score is now 180 on the highest level.. but I wasn't really concentrating".

Men. First they lose your CDs. Then they wipe out your top scores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home