Random thoughts Stray memories

Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Hooverphonic and an encounter with another friendly music store personnel. I asked if I could sample the latest Hooverphonic album introducing Jackie Cane (who?! must remember to google this later) and the store personnel's eyes lit up. He said he owns all 4 Hooverphonic albums and the latest one is great. I told him I own only the first and third ones, and to be frank, was a bit disappointed with the latter. I sampled the latest album anyway (which deviated from their original sound big time), and decided against buying it. He understood I was looking for their old sound, and was so helpful he searched out the last copy of the 2nd Hooverphonic album so I could sample it. And it was lovely and I bought it (even if it's daftly named Blue Wonder Powder Milk). Afterwards, we wondered idly why more people aren't into Hooverphonic, and how the first 3 albums have blue album covers.

I started listening to Hooverphonic cos someone I liked briefly years ago liked it, but now the music has a longer shelf life than my memory of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home