Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, August 17, 2002

Today I spent more than 11 hours in the company of my UK travel mate. We had breakfast together before hitting the booksale at the Singapore Expo, where I exhibited remarkable restrain by buying only 5 books. They're:

1. Paul Monette's Borrowed Time: An AIDS memoir
2. Bret Easton Ellis' Glamorama
The third Bret Easton Ellis book I own, and I'm still in the middle of reading his The Informers. Couldn't help buying this cos it's probably the thickest book he's written so far (value for money!).
3. Christopher Ross' Tunnel Visions
Musings of a man who decided to work in the London tube while rethinking his life.
4. Thomas J Stanley's The Millionaire Mind
Recommended by my best friend previously. For my bro, who's finished my copies of Rich Dad, Poor Dad and The Millionaire Next Door while I struggled on in vain.
5. Richard Meltzer's music musings called A Whore Just Like the Rest
Music journalism on mostly old school rock.

Note to best friend: please list your haul in your .plan! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home