Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, June 16, 2002

A colleague sms'd me after this afternoon's World Cup match to tell me I've won my bet in the office pool (along with 3 others). I was elated, but had no idea who was playing who and what I've bet for this match. In fact, I've yet to watch any World cup match up to then. All the bets I've made were quick random guesses during breaks inbetween meetings, so it's no wonder I've lost 7 matches so far.

Anyway, instead of going for a Japanese buffet dinner, we had a girls' night out with beer and big screen TV to catch the match between England and Denmark a few hours ago. England played very well and I found myself being impressed with David Beckham (!!!). He didn't score in the match but I thought he did a good job as the captain. I can't remember exactly, but there was this incident where he stood over and shielded one of the English players to prevent him from hitting opponent players or being hit (I can't tell which), and that scene just stuck in my head. My jc girlfriend lamented yes, but he's married to Posh Spice! Point taken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home