Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, March 29, 2002

Back again at the expensive internet center in Tokyo on my last day here. Yesterday was a fruitful day trip to Hakone cos the weather was fine, so I managed to see a bit of Mount Fuji. They were selling hard-boiled eggs with blackened shells there (cooked in the sulphuric mud and supposed to be good for health) so I wanted to try one. However, they only sold in packs of 6, so I bought a pack and fobbed the remaining eggs off on the people at my Ryokan. Speaking of which, 2 visitors at the Ryokan were brothers who looked like younger versions of Yukata (?, the longer haired beach boy). 19 and 22 year old's destined to break girls' hearts, hiaks.

And I also tried the onsen (hot spring bath) at Hakone. It's outdoors (!) but with a roof. Real odd with all these naked women (reminds me of this film fest short film I saw before with a common bath for caucasian women) but really relaxing.

Didn't go to Shabu Shabu in the end with the Japanese friend. Instead we had rotating sushi which was WAY better than the sushi here.

Today is yet another rainy day so I'll drop by the Tokyo Museum. Quite rare for me to visit so few museums on a trip so maybe this is a good change!

Oh, and a little newsbite: a new Hard Rock Cafe just opened at Ueno in Tokyo on Monday, so there are now 2 Hard Rock Cafes in Tokyo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home