Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, January 06, 2002

I had dim sum lunch with my family today and spent time catching up with my bro. I don't meet him often enough since he's married and moved out. Well, today I found out something new. I found that contrary to my belief that he is a Dog person, my bro is really a Cat person.

It's like this: my bro was explaining that he saw a cat yesterday on the road, in front of a bus stop lazily licking its paws.. nonchalant to the fact that it's in the path of approaching buses. My bro considered shooing the cat to safety but had no idea if the cat is savvy enough to run to the correct side of the road instead of into oncoming traffic. So he just lifted the cat to a safer place out of the road, whereby the cat ignored him and carried on licking itself. I'm amazed that my bro bothered to do this at all.

He went on to recite another cat incident. Back when he was still in junior college, the school cat wandered into the lecture hall during a Physics lecture, and promptly disappeared into the store room located behind the lecturer. The lecturer put a stop to the lecture and asked for a volunteer to bring the cat out. To my surprise, my reserved bro did it and received a sitting ovation from his lecture group.

I never realised my bro is the little shepherd boy of cats. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home