Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, January 06, 2002

Initially I wanted to do something safe like rebond my hair or cut it like Meg Ryan's shaggy style. However, my UK travel mate reminded me that rebonding means I can't tie up my hair to do sports for a certain time period, and I'm not keen on that. Besides, my best friend also voted against rebonding (but then, he voted against drinking bubble pearl tea too, so his opinion is quite iffy).

My UK travel mate and I pored over the hairstyle magazines at my hairdresser's and she picked out this gorgeous pixie-looking model with the shortest crop possible. Wow, never had my hair cut that short before. My hairdresser thought that the cut could work with my face, and I thought ok, why not? Before I could waver, my hairdresser whipped out a huge pair of scissors and hacked off my hair at the nape first. After that, my heart kept sinking as more hair fluttered to the floor. When he's through, I looked like a butch. omg. Not a single hair on my head is longer than a finger joint now. When he styled my hair, it got slightly better... now I looked like a little boy who just tumbled out of bed with tousled hair. Hohoho. My UK travel mate thought I looked fresher with short hair though. That's really the best thing you can say about this haircut actually, though I do like it secretly. lol.

I guess Jedixus explained it best with this weird analogy:
My character is like a mango, my old long hairstyle is like an apple, and my current hairstyle is like a durian. So I'm still on the lookout for a mango look, though I've not achieved it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home