Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, November 18, 2001

There's a spat of weddings going on nowadays. If I have read the signs, I wouldn't have attended the wedding dinner tonight. Fate was really going against it. Firstly, I've misplaced the wedding invitation card a few days ago and emailed the bride for details. Alas, she was already on leave and didn't read her email. Unfortunately I've also lost the bride's phone contact. Careless but utterly in my character to do so. Since no one else I knew was attending the wedding, I resorted to emailing some stranger whose email address is the first one on the mass email attendance confirmation that the bride sent out. No reply there either. I could just give up but decided to make another last minute attempt to locate the errant wedding invitation card. Well, I found it.

Then I went with B12 to a talk on touring Chile before going for the wedding dinner. Somehow, the flimsy handle of my tiny bag gave way at the talk. I could think this is yet another sign for me to ditch the wedding dinner, but I got quite determined to buy a replacement dinner bag instead so I could carry on and attend the wedding dinner. Yes, stubborn I know.

So B12 was kind enough to help me shop for a dinner bag, and he also offered me a tip on attending wedding dinners where you don't know anyone else besides the bridal couple. His advice is to pretend to be a vegetarian and go join the Muslim table. At least the conversation can revolve around the different food being served.

But of cos I didn't take his advice and ended up sitting at a table with only one other lady. All the other 8 guests who's supposed to sit with us didn't turn up. Wow. This has never happened to me before. Anyway, they finally rearranged the 2 of us to sit at another table of relatives and we ate awkwardly. I couldn't last the whole wedding dinner and left halfway to play pool with Jedixus and Anarchy. That was pretty fun. And now all 3 of us got home and are online chatting together.

We all need to get a life man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home