Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, September 28, 2001

While waiting for my brother and sis-in-law, I talked on my cell phone with you. You finally got to hear Lamb's Gorecki but didn't think much of my favourite song. It was too erratic for you. I wondered if I should go look for my errant brother and spouse but somehow thought of an old Billy Joel song called Leave a Tender Moment Alone and decided not to. The only Billy Joel song you could remember is Uptown Girl... somehow I guessed that too. You tried to distract me from work worries by telling me funny anecdotes of some acquaintances. You do have the strangest friends. I said I hope I can survive Friday. I told you about strange habits of IT people, like urban folklore that's true. About someone who worked from 8pm to 6am everyday till management issued a decree for her to work on normal hours, so someone can finally have a meeting with her. About someone else who placed the keyboard on top of the monitor and typed standing up, looking down awkwardly at the screen.

And of cos afterwards there's always the inconsequential things I wished I told you. Like how I'm getting addicted to the new coke float from MacDonald's. That I tried some coffee, durian as well as green tea mooncakes today. That my brother told me his earliest memory was of him crawling towards the TV set, curious to examine what goes underneath and being hauled back by some adult (and thinking 'Stupid adult').

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home