Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, September 09, 2001

Today was quite unexpected. It started off sorta bleak cos I received some bad news and when I was rushing out, my black sling bag showed signs of giving way. Thankfully, the bad news wasn't that drastic and things started looking up.

There are so many things I'm trying not to forget about today. How my brother doesn't have time to spare, but bought me a cola-flavoured chuppa-chup lollipop to lick on as we tried catching up on each other's lives while running some errands together. How my friends rallied round to help celebrate in advance my birthday tomorrow though I didn't even plan to go out today. How I actually caught sight of Tony Buzan at Borders, though I didn't go up to say hi or ask for his autograph, or tell him that I'm a fan of his mind maps.

Thanks for the badminton racket. (My best friend chose it for technical specifications but my table tennis junkie remembered laughingly to ask if I like the colour scheme.) Thanks for the hula hoop. (I can't believe that we all dropped by the toy fair and tried out the hoops together. It was so funny to stop and look on to see all of you twirling the hoops next to the bunch of kids, and I still can't believe Yoyo is the best hula hooper. lol.)

Thanks for the hilarious conversations during dinner. Like the discussion on how women are more strategical while men are more operational or tactical when it comes to approaches to love. It went something like: women are more strategical cos they have more long-term goals for love, eg. "I will buy sexy tops to attract his attention". Men are more operational (real-time processing), eg. when they stop by a traffic light and try picking up a cute girl standing next to them; or more tactical, eg. using delay tactics to convince a girl that he will change his ways (even though he has no inclination to do so).

Thanks for remembering me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home