Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, April 08, 2006

I have a copy of Anthony Bourdain's "Kitchen Confidential", and I'm stuck at page 20 since I've bought it more than a year ago. In fact, prior to that, I've borrowed the book from my US travelmate and returned it before I read beyond the first few pages too.

So when you finished the last book you were reading, I thought I could lend this to you (for the simple reason that you do cook). You've not only read it much faster than I had, but have also been inspired to buy a Global Chef knife which was raved about in the book.

It was funny to watch you try out your new knife on old food. You beamed with delight as you alternated between slicing that onion and looking round at me to gush about the knife.

You made me want to buy knives too.

2 Comments:

  • Hmm weird final comment.

    Gosh talking about cooking I wanna cook something up again, or make salsa...

    By Blogger Davester, at 1:32 PM  

  • ok becoming too domestic this...thankfully for that knives fetish...too fatal attraction??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home