Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, October 18, 2004

Today I met the cutest doctor I've ever seen and got locked out of my home, in that order.

To be more specific: I woke up with a disturbing sore throat and sneeze, and finally got round to visiting the company doctor whom at least half my team has already consulted. I've never seen him before, but I'm made aware of his charms cos everytime someone comes back from the clinic, the first question asked isn't "How are you feeling?" but rather "So how? You saw that cute doctor?"

When I got there, I was disgruntled cos there was a queue at the clinic. There seems to be only 1 doctor though there're 2 consultation rooms, so it took some time before it was my turn. Hence, my regretful opening line to the cutest doctor I've ever seen was: "So what happened to the other doctor?"

And then I REALLY looked at him and stopped. This is not a doctor. This is a pop idol. Eurasian looking features, tall, beautiful smile, lively eyes. The sort that will send aunties into schoolgirl giggles and blushes. Haha. If there had been another doctor, he probably would have a hard time coaxing the patients to consult him instead. Gosh. Did I just sound shallow and superficial?

Anyway, he was sweet and gave me medication and medical leave. Then I wandered home in a daze to find that I'm locked out (there're 3 locks and I only have 2 keys, damn it). Got in touch with bro who had no idea where our mum was, and she doesn't carry a mobile phone. I scribbled a note and stuck it in our door for her to call me when she got home, but removed it after second thoughts cos advertising that no one's home seemed a bad idea.

What transpired was I managed to round up a kind soul to meet for lunch while I waited for mum, and now I'm looking forward to falling ill again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home