Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, September 11, 2004

It was a brilliant birthday where everything was so perfectly optimised it seemed too good to be true. I'm going to brain dump and document this down today so I can recall it next year! It'll be boring though, so this is probably where you can stop reading. You've been warned.

Had a nice chat with the guys over breakfast. No carrot cake available though, dammit.

Went to the book sale where I bumped into HP's girlfriend, the only other person whom I know has the exact birthday as me. If that wasn't amazing enough, I found a copy of Who is That?, a book featured on last night's screening of Cinemania. In the film, a film buff recommended this book for listing obscure old actors and actresses, and I've never even heard of it prior to that. I can't even begin to explain how impossible it is to actually find this book the very next day. Needless to say I bought the book.

As the book sale was located near my hair stylist, I dropped by to trim my fringe. Got a discount cos it's my birthday, woohoo!

Went down to the Orchard Library next to return DVDs and borrowed 3 Don DeLillo books. Lugged the books over to a newly opened cafe in Wisma with huge floor to ceiling glass windows, and had a lovely time reading there.

Dropped by Esplanade. Borrowed 3 more DVDs. Had honey crunch cake, earl grey tea and lychee ice-cream. Bought a ticket to watch Trocks (the all male NY comedy ballet) alone, but bumped into my US travelmate and her family there. The performance was hilarious!

Received lovely sms and phone birthday greetings from folks throughout the day. There weren't any work-related calls at all.

Came home to find that it's possible to try out a Segway Human Transporter in Singapore.

It's been a long while since I've had so much time alone. Blissed out. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home