Random thoughts Stray memories

Thursday, July 08, 2004

I love pockets. I love pockets on cargo pants where I can stash everything from mobile phone, wallet, tissue packet to passport. I love pockets on jackets where I can tuck my hands in when I'm cold. I love pockets where I can store name cards as I'm making the rounds. And today, I discovered more pockets. To be precise, I discovered that what I thought were fake pockets on an old jacket were actually real ones. The pocket seams were sewed up so tightly I didn't bother to unpick them before, but somehow I picked absentmindedly on a thread this afternoon and before long, managed to free up one pocket. I didn't have time to unpick the other one till the end of the day, so I went around the rest of the day with my one-pocket jacket, feeling strangely pleased with myself.

It's odd how little it takes to be happy sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home