Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, January 23, 2004

It's not a case of deliberately remembering you but rather that memories of you linger. I could be sending an email and your email address would be intuitively (and wrongly) predicted by my mail program. I could be scanning the CD racks and remembering the musicians you like, and hence whose CDs I could not buy.

(I need to deviate and explain: I've told re-minisce before about my music idiosyncracies and I'll repeat it here. I remember reading a music review where the first time the reviewer has ever heard a Tindersticks album was on a hotel bed in Australia, where the girl he was in love with then said "listen", and put on the album. He has since lost the girl but not Tindersticks, and maybe he might not have loved the band so much if he wasn't introduced to them that day, that way. For me, I associate music to the people who love listening to it. So if I were this reviewer, I would have also lost Tindersticks when I lost the girl. I would not have been able to buy Tindersticks' albums again, no matter how much I liked them.)

A short while ago I thought I saw you. Well, a long-haired version of you. Except I've never seen you with long hair. I caught my breath and looked hard till you grew aware and looked back. But it wasn't you and it's my turn to have long hair, except you've never seen me with long hair either. Yes I'm babbling.

Anyway, I've enjoyed every day this year so far cos I think I've lived them well. Today I watched the DVD for the Korean movie My Wife is a Gangster, in which a gangster explained his absurd theory that everyone's soulmate is within a 2km radius. I converted this into my running distance and gauged that if this were true, I would be able to reach my soulmate within 12 minutes of running. Odd isn't it, but I would gladly run this and faster too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home