Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, January 18, 2004

Highlights of today (or technically yesterday, since I've been consistently blogging after midnight):

Watched She's All That on DVD, which I've just borrowed from the library. This movie raised a few eyebrows cos friends thought it's too lightweight. Well, fluff is good. Fluff is fun. Fluff can be watched at 9am on a weekend morning without running the risk of it ruining the rest of the day. Next in line is Kon Ichikawa's acclaimed documentary Tokyo Olympiad, which was considered fluff for a documentary cos it wasn't grand or precise enough despite all the resources he was given.

Went to the gym and ran 6km, which is average but nice. What I've learnt: there'll come a time when I can't even run this distance, and I should appreciate what I can achieve now. So I do.

Went to the Singapore History Museum to watch the local short films though I didn't have a ticket. Managed to get a seat. Went to the Substation to watch the Comgraph animation shorts though I didn't have a ticket. Didn't manage to get a seat but had fun hanging out instead.

Bought Outkast's double album Speakerboxx/ The Love Below, which is highly recommended by at least 2 friends. And I've yet to finish sampling the stack of 8 CDs I just bought.

Ended up drinking at Chjmes with friends, and received a fortune cookie from Quest who happened to be in the vicinity. Broke open the cookie to find out my message read: "You are going to have a very comfortable old age." Don't know if that's a blessing or a curse. lol.

Before going home, b12 coined another new term to describe me. He called me Teflon Girl, cos I'm not the clingy type and hence, like a non-stick frying pan. Don't know if that's a compliment or an insult. lol.

Feeling tired but satisfied. Showering sounds wonderful and bed sounds better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home