Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, November 15, 2003

Yesterday I saw the documentary Winged Migration at the Asian Children's Film Fest. 5 teams spent 3 years following migrating birds over 7 continents to make this film. I think the adult audience was more impressed than the kids by the sheer effort put into this venture. I don't remember being in a cinema with so many chatty children before, and strangely it felt ok.

Yesterday I felt out of sorts. I went in and out of 3 meetings before I realised why. I was sampling a new perfume (Estee Lauder's beyond paradise) and it smelled sweetly cloying. I didn't smell like me.

Yesterday I was experimenting with the number sequence on my dress code ring. Now the ring reads:

0000 <- side pin is locked onto this sequence
1111
2202
3313
4004
5115
6006
7117
8208
9319

If you can imagine each column as a number band, you can see that only the first and last bands allow permutations from 0 to 9. The second band only allows permutations from 0 to 3, and the third band from 0 to 1. This means I can't have the maximum number of permutations on my dress code ring after all. I wonder why it's designed like this.. is it so that the ring can never have a complete jackpot effect (ie. every row will have the same number)? Is it so that people can wear the numbered bands individually?

Yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home