Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, September 05, 2003

Within 24 hours of you watching Juliet of the Spirits, I watched it too. I prefer Fellini's 8 1/2, but there's a poem quoted in Juliet of the Spirits which I like.

No one understood the perfume
of the dark magnolia of your womb.
No one knew that you tormented
a hummingbird of love between your teeth.

A thousand Persian ponies fell asleep
in the moonlit plaza of your forehead,
while through four nights I embraced
your waist, enemy of the snow.

Between plaster and jasmines, your glance
was a pale branch of seeds.
I sought in my heart to give you
the ivory letters that say always,

always, always
: garden of my agony,
your body elusive always,
the blood of your veins in my mouth,
your mouth already lightless for my death.

- Federico Garcia Lorca, Gacela of Unforseen Love

Lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home