Random thoughts Stray memories

Tuesday, December 10, 2002

If the best 40 minutes of my life today could be made into a movie, it would be just one continuous shot of me running at constant speed on the treadmill while plugged into my discman. The soundtrack would be Red Hot Chilli Peppers' Can't Stop on auto-repeat, which means you'd hear it about 9 times. On the bottom right of the screen, there'd probably be a time counter which you'd refer to incredulously as time passes, when you realise I'm not doing anything else but running. I don't even reach to change speed on the treadmill. As you get bored though still patient enough to hang on, like you're seeing an avant garde movie to the bitter end cos you can't believe it's happening, you may see a flicker of doubt cross my face as I run pass the 5km mark and wonder if I should push on. And I do, cos my knee is kind, and running makes me happy. And I'd hit 6km with a smile on my face and the ending credits would roll.

Yeah, I wouldn't wanna watch this movie either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home