Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, November 24, 2002

Went mad shopping today (technically yesterday again). Supposed to get farewell gifts but got those as well as:
- earrings: tiny faux pearls (no reason 'cept I've got earholes and no faux pearls yet).

- book: F. Scott Fitzgerald's Tender is the Night for only $2.85! Thank goodness for Penguin Classics and Times at Centrepoint is having a 20% storewide sale till end of November. Read Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby and The Diamond as big as the Ritz and other Stories way back when, but skirted round Tender is the Night cos I'm not sure I can deal with reading about mental illness. Now that I've read Prozac Nation, I feel ready to tackle this. Odd. My bro offered to get me Kurt Cobain's journal for Christmas. Whatever gave him such an idea? lol.

- Donnie Darko VCD. Wanted to watch this ever since I've read the Sight and Sound synopsis of a teenage boy having demented delusions about a man in a bunny costume. May have to join that stockpile of 15 VCDs first though.

- women's magazines: Her World (which is giving away shawls with the December issue) and Style (which is giving away a denim tote bag). Her World is actually selling out fast with the popular colours all but gone. Already bought Elle (with the free beige carrier bag). I'm nuts (but not as nuts as my US travelmate, who just bought about 40 cookbooks).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home