Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, September 08, 2002

15 minute snapshot of my life this morning. I woke up to go to the hotel gym but it only opens at 8am. Then I decided to walk around outside the hotel but it started drizzling, so I ended up sitting on the steps outside an electronics store, plugged into Coldplay on my Discman while watching passerbys scutter past. Next to me on the steps were 2 cocktail glasses, possibly from the basement club located nearby. I wondered briefly what drinks used to be in them, who were drinking from them, and what they were talking about. Watched the reflections on the glass from the programme on the TV on display, and were oddly amused by the superimpositions made. Endured questioning looks from the driver of the van parked just in front of me, who was probably waiting for a preset time to drive off. Didn't do any soulsearching. Wasn't thinking about anything except counting the passing of time from the songs being played, and waiting till it's time to go back to the gym. Stood up the same time the van driver drove off.

Everything in its own time. Why worry too much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home