Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, February 10, 2002

Today has been a long eventful day. First I met up with B12 who kindly gave me a run-down on Japan. He's been there more than 20 times and is more familiar with Tokyo than even my Japanese colleague. I guess I'll need to read more to figure out where to go but I've got a rough idea. One place I can't decide if I should visit is Tokyo Disneyland. Fact is, I've never been to any Disneyland though I've travelled quite a bit. I've always opted out cos I'm not into amusement rides. B12 told me there's not much point visiting Tokyo Disneyland since I don't speak Japanese, but unfortunately, the Disney characters there do.

Then we started discussing about maintaining the mythical image of the Disney characters. There's supposedly only one Mickey Mouse in Tokyo Disneyland, even though there are (I think) 7 worlds within it. So some visitors may not be lucky enough to spot Mickey. I wonder why there can't be one Mickey in each of the worlds... it's not like they'll be so close that they will run into one another. But then again, what if an excited tourist phones another friend within Disneyland to say that he's standing next to Mickey, only to hear that his friend is also in Mickey's presence? Hmm, then there would be lots of traumatic Mickey sightings just like Elvis'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home