Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, February 01, 2002

Some co-workers were organising a dinner but only told me about it last minute. I guess they didn't really expect me to turn up so I told them what they wanted to hear. I wonder why cos I'm a sociable person, but somehow we're on different wavelengths. Sometimes it's tiring to be the butt of the joke when people gang up to rib me about how "cultured" I am with my books, music and movies, and they're just oh-so-shallow. It doesn't help that I can't speak the Hokkien dialect cos I'm not grass root enough. Maybe that's why I automatically interpret for my Japanese colleague whenever the others start conversing in Mandarin. I know how it feels to be left out.

Hey, can't be everyone's friend right? I know I know I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home