Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, February 17, 2002

Instead of visiting an ex-colleague's home today, I ended up spending my Sunday fire-fighting at a customer's site with a colleague. The problem? Using baking analogy, let's say customers did cake sampling too late so new cakes can't (and shouldn't) be baked, but we need to alter the taste of cakes as much as we can now. A very bad example is like if we've got a chocolate cake on our hands, and now it's gotta be tiramisu, and we're just pouring some alcohol on the cake and praying it tastes like tiramisu. Eh.

On my way to and from my customer's, I was chatting with the taxi drivers about their kids and the current education system in Singapore. One cab driver told me an interesting story about how he convinced his 2 daughters to study. He actually drove them around the red-light district when they were still studying in Primary School, and told them point-blank that this is where they would end up if they don't study hard. Wow. But hey, it worked. Odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home