Random thoughts Stray memories

Thursday, November 08, 2001

Baking analogy at work. I brought bakers out to make a sales pitch today, and to customers who have never even tasted cakes before. I didn't bring the sales folks along cos I'd rather have bakers to answer techie questions on the spot, and we couldn't bring too many people.

I like making sales pitch with bakers. It's like this... while rehearsing the presentation, we would horse around and say stuff like 'Here is where I go blah blah'. On our drive to the customers, we blasted chirpy Japanese pop songs in the car and sang along nonsensically. But when we got to our customers' office, all the bakers would switch into their expert mode and be earnest and eloquent in presenting to customers. Amazing transformation. I really felt like laughing out loud in today's meeting at the incongruency of it all. Luckily I controlled myself and we wrapped it up, and drove back to the office this time bopping to Blink 182. We had fun selling, though I doubt we would clinch anything for this.

What's important is I really love the bakers for trying. They are the reason I love my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home