Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, October 05, 2001

Baking analogy at work. Recently I turned down an offer to work for an overseas bakery, with the chance to be trained in Germany for at least 6 months before being stationed around the world. Foolish? I don't know. Maybe I will regret it sometime later but it is the most unselfish thing to do now. Yesterday, the head of that bakery phoned me personally from Germany to ask me why I rejected his offer. I explained to him that I had to take over my departing colleague's job too and it would be irresponsible to go. He told me not to hesitate to contact him if I ever change my mind at any time cos he really liked to hire me. What intrigued me was that he has never met me. We had a phone interview before he saw me for the first and only time at a video-conferencing interview. What I can't fathom is the Trust. A stranger really trusted me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home