Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, September 21, 2001

At the funeral eulogy, a good friend of my deceased customer recounted about how a few of them would climb up Bukit Timah at 7am on New Year's Day, so they could see the first sunrise of the year. Everyone was lazy but they did it. One New Year's Day, my customer only brought along apple juice to celebrate their ascent of Bukit Timah. Then he laughingly promised to bring champagne on the next New Year's Day, and he did, on their last climb together.

I still remember visiting my customer in hospital, with his wife by his bedside lovingly holding his hand. His wife was talking about their Bukit Timah climbs then as well, and she said he often had to help her climb cos she was the weakest. He smiled indulgently at her then and I thought it was wonderful for them to be so in love more than 20 years later.

Life is really really short, isn't it? Be happy while you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home