Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, July 13, 2001

I read your blog and was pleasantly surprised to read the welcome home message for me. Thanks. Hope you have a good time helping out at your friend's wedding. :) Will deviate off to paraphrase and answer your ever-present question... when was the first time I encountered snow?

I think it's in '98, but I won't count Frankfurt cos it was a trickling mud slush there, not snow at all in my opinion. Rather, it's Norway on a 10-hour cross-country drive with fjords and snowy mountains all round. I remember distinctly sitting in the front passenger's seat, navigating for my friend who's driving and marvelling in sensory overload of snow, snow and more snow. When the friend asked if I had ever eaten snow before, I said no, and he just pulled over and forced all of us out to cup snow off the ground and eat it. That friend will probably never get to read this blog at all, but I want to say thank you. For making me taste snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home