Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, July 20, 2001

I read from your blog that you abstained from buying a PDA and got your Paw Pilot instead. I know it's hard to fight the temptation cos I can hardly survive without my Palm V, but I respect you for doing without. I don't jog down notes for blog entries on my Palm V, nor do I play games or read e-books from it. Mainly I use the basic functions like address book, expenses and calendar, but my favourite application is a simple database to track every single movie I've watched, every CD I own and every book I've read. Oh, and the random decisions generated by the worldly-wise Daria too.

Strangely, my Palm V is also a means by which I bond with people. I started my geeky brother on Palm and he's even more of a fan than I am. He bought one of those foldable Palm keyboards which he used to type notes during meetings. lol. I remember swopping Palm applications with friends while waiting our turn at pool, trying to test how far apart we could place our Palms before the infra-red beaming failed. There are also the times spent chatting with strangers at Palm events on the latest developments.. it's amazing how animated people get talking about what they love. :) This is the reason why my Palm V is important to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home