Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, April 16, 2001

I confess I like to keep sms messages. Currently I keep 6 in my Outbox, which are more than I keep in my Inbox. Don't ask me why I keep them, I just do.
They are:

1) "The love-boat has crashed against the everyday. You and I, we are quits, and there is no point in listing mutual pains, sorrows and hurts". This is a translation from a line in the suicide letter by Vladimir Mayakovsky, Russian poet in the 1910s. He was only 30.

2) "I would like to step outside my heart and walk beneath the enormous sky." This is yet another translation from a line by Rainer Maria Rilke. One thing about all these translations is that there are so many different variations that are valid. I find that the first one I read is always the one l like best though. :)

3) "Retrohesive: events disconnected when they happened but now cannot be separated from each other." Something to label my freak coincidences and strange twists of fate. lol.

4) "A good proof has a very high degree of unexpectedness, inevitability and economy." A paraphrase of a remark by Hardy the famous mathematician.

5) "What does anyone want but to be a little more free?" A line from the inner CD sleeve of Godspeed You Black Emperor's album "lift yr. skinny fists like antennas to heaven", which is coincidentally a double CD consisting of 4 instrumental songs.

6) This is a caption from a T-shirt which says "You Lose, You Go Home". Sums up life pretty neatly doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home